Hiking and Nordic Walking in the Podyjí-Thayatal National Park
The Podyjí-Thayatal National Park is the smallest national park in the Czech Republic, but one that is definitely worth a visit. Well-marked hiking trails connect the two national parks situated on the banks of the river Thaya – the Czech park Podyjí and the Austrian park Thayatal. The hilly terrain offers a variety of hiking trails of different levels, suitable also for the increasingly popular sport of Nordic Walking. Every visitor will find a trail to their liking. A brisk walk with your Nordic walking poles is one of the best ways to stimulate your health.
You can decide for yourself whether you want to take a short, comfortable walk or a day trip, or if you want to spend a whole week walking “Nordic-style”. There’s no need to bring any equipment. We’ll be happy to lend you Nordic walking poles in the correct length, so that you can dedicate yourself to the secrets of this unique movement.
Why Nordic Walking?
- You don’t need sophisticated equipment or be physically fit for Nordic Walking. It is not time-demanding.
- Nordic Walking has a positive impact on health and well-being – whether you are 20 or 80 years old.
- Nordic Walking can also help with many health problems, such as increased weight, back pain, muscle weakness, stress, nervousness or sleeping problems.
- Nordic walking can be practiced anywhere – in the mountains, by the sea, in the countryside or in the city.
- Nordic walking is also a very pleasant way to break a sweat. You can choose the intensity of the movement according to your own strength. While walking, you can talk with your friends or family about many interesting topics.
The correct Nordic Walking technique (Source: www.teleskopickehole.cz)
Feel like giving it a go? We are looking forward to your visit!
We have been doing everything to offer our guests an environmentally friendly service for ten years already. Our guesthouse is located in the vicinity of the National park Podyjí-Thayatal and we were awarded the EU Eco-label in 2007 – as the first guesthouse in Moravia! Come and visit us, we are looking forward to meet you!